Join us for our first AWAKE event of the year at The New Work Project hosted with global career platform Freelancing Females, Babba Canales (Named 'Forbes 30 Under 30', Founder of By Babba Digital Marketing Agency), and Shannon McLay (Founder + CEO of Financial Gym) for three 25-minute workshops, networking, and more!
Workshops Offered (rotates every 25 minutes):
- Branding Basics with Babba Canales: How to Brand Yourself & Utilize Social Media to Grow Your Brand
- Freelancing 101 with Freelancing Females: How to Find Clients, Create Proposals, and Draft Contracts
- Taxes as a Freelancer with Financial Gym: Best practices for tax preparation & How to track expenses.
- Complimentary professional headshots by photographer Erin Lewis
- Standout headshot backdrop custom-designed by Wallflower
- Coffee from RISE Brewing Co. + Lunch from eco-eatery Ancolie.
- Giveaway with Grado Headphones + STATE Bags
- Mingling with other #Awakeners
- Business cards for networking
- Any and all questions you might have for the workshops
Tickets: $125 // Space is limited.
Find tickets here.
In Partnership With:
More About Our Partners:
Freelancing Females is a global community of women redefining 9-5. It’s a place for designers, content creators, engineers, translators and more to share knowledge and discover new ways to freelance. The FF platform helps women empower themselves around personal businesses. Here we seek and offer advice, create experiences, host important conversations, collaborate on projects and post jobs on our platform.
The New Work Project is a new design-led, hospitality-driven workspace for the creative industries, conveniently located in the former Vice Media building on N 10th St in Williamsburg. It's a place for like-minded creatives to come together in an environment that is personal and intimate, and designed to inspire, stimulate, promote creativity and facilitate fluid working.
Babba Canales is an award-winning Digital Marketing Professional and founder of the brand marketing agency BY BABBA. Canales is listed in the 2016 Forbes’ list of the top “30 Under 30” in the field of marketing and advertising, and was named Sweden’s ‘top talent’ of 2016 by Veckans Affärer, one of the country’s largest business magazines.
Financial Gym takes a fitness-inspired approach to your finances, teaching you to make smarter money decisions that add up over time. Train with us, and discover what’s possible.